We’re looking for a Junior Designer to join our team at Melon Health in Wellington
Our whole reason for being is to empower people by giving them the tools, support, information and confidence they need to manage their health. We want to help people here and everywhere, to be the best they can be, regardless of where they live - and to inspire them, to help others.
What we’re looking for
Recent grad? Grow with us! You’ll be supported by designers and project managers, to help bring out the shine in your work. You’ll be working with us to craft designs for websites, applications, posters, signage, business collateral, and videos. You’ll need to be self-directed, enthusiastic and a champion of your own ideas.
We’re working on some really interesting and meaningful problems so if you have previous experience with understanding how and why people use things (maybe you’ve sat in on some user testing or done some user research), that’d be a real bonus.
This is a three-month contract position with the potential for the contract to mature into a permanent position on the Melon team.
What you should have
- A portfolio that shows your thought process and a diversity of work
- Knowledge of print design
- Experience or interest in presenting design concepts
- Ability to problem solve
- Actively seek out and give thoughtful critical feedback
- Have the positive attitude and enthusiasm for design
- Experience or interest using Sketch or Figma
Experience with any of these is a bonus:
- Health Industry
- Copywriting skills
- Previous experience collaborating with a semi-remote team
We’ll set you up with
- Design mentorship from our design team
- Flexible work environment
- Upskilling and learning opportunities
- An environment that supports growth
- An office in central Wellington
If you share our mission – To help others live happier and healthier lives, we’d love to chat.
Please send the following to katie[at]melonhealth.com
- Examples of your work: portfolio, website, or whatever medium communicates your work best
- Your CV
✌️ Katie & Ed at Melon Health