About Melon Health
Melon’s whole reason for being is to empower people to take ownership of their health by giving them the tools, support, information and confidence to manage their health. We want to help people here and everywhere, to be the best they can be, regardless of where they live - and to inspire them, to help others.
We are a small, but fast growing company, so you’ll need to be highly organised, efficient, flexible and a multi-tasker. Ideally you’ll be able to spin plates while working in an unstructured, fluid environment and embrace uncertainty and change.
About the role
We are looking for a user-experience designer to join our design team. You will be working closely with a team of product managers, clinicians, clients and designers to shape the overall functionality of our product.
Ideally, you’ll love the challenge of translating the needs of people into user flows for a cross-platform product (smartphones, tablets, web). You’ll work closely with our tight team to collectively create the ‘why’ of design decisions.
- Conduct user research and user interviews
- Solve design problems by researching, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up interfaces
- Be able to understand and learn from user analytics
- Work with visual designers to create beautiful mockups
- Champion ideas and help shape our product
- Minimum of two years experience UX design for native mobile and/or web
- A portfolio that shows your thought process and a diversity of work
- Experience with designing across multiple platforms and devices
- Actively seek out and give thoughtful critical feedback
- Experience or interest in design research and usability studies
- Experience or interest in prototyping with design tools or code
- Experience or interest in gaining insights from analytics
- Ability to problem solve and innovate to create great user experiences
- Have the positive attitude!
Experience with any these is a bonus:
- Sketch app / Marvel app / Axure / Invision / Optimal Workshop tools
- User Analytics
- User research / User testing / Personas
- Health Industry
- Copy writing skills
- Basic familiarity with code (Github, iOS, Android, Rails..)
- Previous experience collaborating with a semi-remote team
What we offer:
- Good pay
- Flexible work environment
- Upskilling and learning opportunities
- An environment that supports growth
- An office in central Wellington
- And… accountability, flexibility and autonomy.
If you share our mission –To help others live happier and healthier lives – and have expertise in the following areas, we’d love to chat.
To apply, please email your application (including a CV and your portfolio) to katie[at]melonhealth.com